- Open Access
Correction to: Low-dose radiation from A-bombs elongated lifespan and reduced cancer mortality relative to un-irradiated individuals
© The Author(s) 2019
- Received: 19 March 2019
- Accepted: 20 March 2019
- Published: 19 April 2019
The original article was published in Genes and Environment 2018 40:26
Correction: Genes Environ.
In the original publication of this article , the author pointed out the reference list mismatched citations in the main text. All citations and references have been updated.
Comparison of solid cancer mortality in the lifespan study of A-bomb survivors with Japanese cancer mortality. Japanese average cancer deaths were calculated by dividing cancer deaths by total deaths each year during 1958–2009 . Averages corresponding to survey periods were determined
No. hibakusha or [NICa]
No. cancer deaths (%)
% Japanese average cancer deaths
Preston et al. 
Ozasa et al. 
Grant et al. 
The publisher apologizes to the readers and author for the inconvenience.
The original publication has been corrected.
Open AccessThis article is distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided you give appropriate credit to the original author(s) and the source, provide a link to the Creative Commons license, and indicate if changes were made. The Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication waiver (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/) applies to the data made available in this article, unless otherwise stated.
- Sutou S. Low-dose radiation from A-bombs elongated lifespan and reduced cancer mortality relative to un-irradiated individuals. Genes Environ. 2018;40:26. https://doi.org/10.1186/s41021-018-0114-3
- Vital Statistics Japan Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare (cancer_mortality(1958- 016).xls in https://ganjoho.jp/reg_stat/statistics/dl/index.html. Accessed 1 Oct 2018
- Preston DL, Ron E, Tokuoka S, Funamoto S, Nishi N, Soda M, et al. Solid cancer incidence in atomic bomb survivors: 1958-1998. Radiat Res. 2007;168:1–64.Google Scholar
- Ozasa K, Shimizu Y, Suyama A, Kasagi F, Soda M, Grant EJ, et al. Studies of the mortality of atomic bomb survivors, report 14, 1950-2003: an overview of cancer and non cancer diseases. Radiat Res. 2012;177:229–43.Google Scholar
- Grant EJ, Brenner A, Sugiyama H, Sakata R, Sadakane A, Utada M, et al. Solid Cancer incidence among the life span study of atomic bomb survivors: 1958-2009. Radiat Res. 2017;187:513–37.Google Scholar